Here’s a list of our favorite restaurants:
• TIRAMISU – Fresh pastas, salad bar, great Italian fare.
• CAFÉ OLE – great place to meet the PA crowd in the mornings.
• THE PUB – wide variety of soups/salads/appetizers/Mexican dishes.
• ARIGATO – sushi and Japanese fair.
• GOLDEN DRAGON – this little spot is open nights only and offers Thai and Chinese fair.
• ITALIAN BAKERY – wide variety of international food, ask for daily specials. Has well priced breakfast Pizza to go.
• RICHARDS STEAKHOUSE – salad bar, variety of USDA meats and lobster. Pizza to go.
• OMNIS DA VINCIS – A good option for breakfast and lunch, albeit a bit more on the pricey side. Can’t beat the ocean view though! Good burgers and hot dogs for the kids. The only air conditioned restaurant in PA.
• JONES SPORTS BAR – Catch your favorite sports while having a cold drink.
• MEDITERRANEO – Italian fare.
• LA CARIBANA – Mexican home cooking, everyday 3 different specials. Lunch only, behind Italian Bakery.
If you catch fish, most restaurants will be happy to cook it for you 3 different styles with rice and veggies or a baked potato.
The left turn before Copacabana Hotel is X-4. One of the most beautiful beaches in the area. Café del Mar has great healthy specials and fresh juices.
Akumal also has another dozen quality restaurants to choose from. Take the trip south about 12 miles from PA.
DO NOT MISS PACOS TACOS at the PA entrance, he has fish and beer battered shrimp tacos. Delicious and cheap!
South of PA about 2 miles there is a little restaurant on the right-hand side called Hanabu-Ku, this place has the best Mexican tacos, ceviches and arracheras and the famous home-made corn tortillas. If you have passed the Copacabana Hotel you have gone too far.